Mission and Goals
Easton Economic Development Corporation was launched in 2013 to drive economic vitality, smart redevelopment, and business creation in the historic Town of Easton, Maryland to foster a healthy quality of life for all generations. The EEDC works to catalyze Greater Easton’s continued prosperity as a diverse and healthy “smart town,” leading innovation where the land and water meet.
The EEDC will:
Leverage private investment into the Town of Easton and enhance the efficiencies of government:
The EEDC targets economically depressed areas where promoting smart redevelopment, working closely with County, State and Federal government agencies and representatives. The EEDC educates the public and business community about the importance of its economic development work, and will promote and facilitate employment opportunities for that part of the community that has historically been underserved or under-employed. Through traditional means, such as promoting small business access to capital sources and lending, and promoting access to educational opportunities related to business management, legal, accounting and reporting methods, EEDC will develop business opportunity for the economically depressed, and will create benefits for the disadvantaged.
Catalyze regional assets:
We are leading efforts to make the Town of Easton an innovation center, both in terms of quality of life and economic growth. Specific projects include:
• Connecting the heart of downtown Easton to the waterfront through the redevelopment of Port Street and Easton’s Waterfront;
• Preserving and re-energizing Historic Easton
• Developing critical vacant or underutilized parcels in downtown Easton
• Launching the Healthy and Smart Innovation Center to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation in the seafood industry and to establish a healthy food infrastructure on the Delmarva Peninsula
• Supporting the establishment of farmer training programs to encourage new farmers and support farmer’s access to wholesale markets